So the other day I was home from work and I had just settled downstairs to watch one of my "stuffy" British shows and fold some laundry. I'm just enjoying myself when I hear what sounds like someone opening my front door and coming in my house (M was still at work). So I thought well maybe it's M, and he came home early, so I bellowed his name and no answer. So I then proceed to the stairway and yell 'HELLO'! No answer, but I still hear clomping and something or someone doing something in my house.
Now, most rational people would a) call the police or b) runway and find safety. Not me I look around for a weapon to use. The first thing I see is a IBC glass root beer bottle. My brain said 'oh yeah, this will do some damage, remember that episode of Mythbusters you saw.' So I grab this glass bottle and go walking into the front room. As I turn the corner, I look and see who is about to get it with this glass bottle and no one is there. I still hear the noise but it's from outside now. Turns out that the gas company was replacing our gas meter, which is right next to our front door, so what I thought was someone coming into the house turned out to be the repair man banging on the pipes of trying to get the old one off the house. Pheww!
I was so relieved; so I put the root beer bottle back on the counter and had myself a good laugh.
1 comment:
Oh man that would be so scary! We used to keep a piece of angle iron by our bed when we lived in Ogden. We called it The Avenger. A glass bottle is probably more practical.
Post a Comment