Friday, September 18, 2009

Modern Medicine

I'm so glad that I live in a day with such great medicine, even if it does make me a little loopy. Yesterday I had some teeth yanked or extracted. I requested some of what I like to call "I don't care" medicine. That stuff works really good for me and here is the proof. After the teeth were gone and I was in recovery, the nurse said to me,
"Do you remember me asking you how much you weigh?"
I replied " No, do you need to know right now?" "Sure."
I told her my weight, and she started to laugh and said "that's not what you told us in the Operating Room."
She then told me that I told her I weighed the equivalent of a college football quaterback. She then said they asked me if I was sure, and I said "Yep, I'm sure."
I guess that gave them a pretty good chuckle, it did me too when she told me. Good times!

No comments: