Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More Celtic Fun

M and I went to Logan for another Celtic Festival and Highland games.
This was a pretty low key event. No pipe band competitions or highland dancing, but they had some highland games and some interesting demonstrations as seen below


This is called a live steel demonstration. Real swords (tips were blunted), armor, and shields. Apparently there are rules that they use, but I'm was too interested in the demo to hear the guy explaining what they were doing.



Here is some video; if you listen carefully and turn up your volume you can hear a little kid next to us saying/moaning "They're going to die"

The also had a fun train to ride on (for free) and a sheep dog demonstration. (I think this particular dog is still learning (see picture), but it was still fun to watch).

It was a nice to get out and see all these fun events. Thanks to M for putting up with my weird hobbies and interests.

No comments: