Sunday, May 29, 2011

3rd Annual British Party

It's that time of year again



We had an excellent time. For those who are new to this event we get all my sibs together that can come and celebrate Great Britain. My parents were the hit of the party dressing up as

King and Queen



We eat a potluck of different dishes some British, some not so British. This year we had Tilapia, breadsticks, safron bread, veggie tray, potato wedges, peas and chocolate milk. For dessert we had the traditional Sticky Toffee Pudding. I forget how good that stuff is. (M and I made some and shared it with our neighbors, one of them called it 'Heaven in a cup' I think she was spot on)


We mostly visit, play games and just laugh and eat until we can't do either anymore. New this year, I bought some fancy china from the makers of Wedgewood and my sister made a fun picture book party favor with pictures from the U.K.


We had a great time, and next spring it will happen again.




3 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks for hosting another fun party! We had a blast and can't wait for next year.
Maybe next year we'll make it in the group photo at the table.;)

Erin said...

Looks like alot of fun! Maybe one year we:ll make it!

Doug and Michele said...

I am amazed that each year this party gets more and more fun! Way to go sis - you are the best!!