We went with our ward neighbors this past weekend to Moab. They call their group the 'cousins', because they are all related distantly, and lucky we have recently been adopted in.
It was roasty hot, but we managed. We stayed at this really interesting campground (not in a good way). Just like many things on the web, it looked a lot nicer online. It did have really nice big cottonwood trees that provided lots of good shade. The rest of the facilities were really lacking..... I think they may have cleaned the bathrooms once this year. The swimming pool was a nice milky color with about a foot a visibility (mmm, lovely). There were other issues as well, but I won't go on. There were also very interesting people there. There was a father and son that smoked like chimney stacks. I counted the father smoked 7 cigarettes in 1 hour. It was shocking. Also I saw my share of people 'a natural', enough said.
We had a really good time though, we hiked in Arches (got up at 5:00 am to beat the heat and saw all sorts of arches, ranger station said the temperature was going to be 104 degrees), went to church, played games ( 'curses' is fun but exhausting), relaxed, and just had fun. There were 13 of us and we just had a really good time. There was always some fun story and topic going around. We sure like our ward and our fun neighbors. We had a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment