Sunday, June 13, 2010

Scottish Festival

We went to the Highland games in Lehi this weekend. It was so much fun. I entered a shortbread contest, and came in an unofficial second place. It was a winner take all contest, and I don't know if the cute lady at the booth was just trying to make me feel better, but I'm taking it. I make the number 2 best shortbread in Utah.



This is video of the Tattoo, or massed bands march.

I had a blast listening to all the pipes. We watched the caber throw, sheaf toss, and hammer throw. I even caught a little of the highland dancing. But I was mostly enjoyed the pipes. Something stirs inside me when I here them start up. They didn't have as many fun vendors this year ( I think everyone has been hit hard the economy, even store fronts in Moab were empty.) It was a great little trip and festival. Maybe next year, if I practice, I'll play pipes there next year.


1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds like you all had a "smashing weekend". Looks like lots of fun minus the heat!