Monday, April 4, 2011

Jetty and the Trains Part 2


Our next stop brought us to the Spiral Jetty in the Great Salt Lake.




This was created by an artist named Robert Smithson. I don't know anything else about it other than it's a lot bigger than you think. If you click on the picture above you can see a tiny me with my arms outstretched. I like inter-active art. It must have taken the artist a long while to haul all those rocks out there.



Here M and I go around the jetty to the center.


This was a really cool interesting place that kids and adults would love. It did take about 3 hours to drive to it, and is free. The lake does rise with spring/summer runoff, and bugs will probably be bad the warmer it gets. It makes you realize the Great Salt Lake is great, it is one big body of water.

No comments: