Sunday, April 3, 2011

Practice what you preach

I know I just posted about seeing our parks, well we took it to heart and went and saw what we have around.



First, we went to lunch at Lunch Lady Land at the Freeport Center. I thought I looked a little like a correctional facility from the outside but it turned out to be really nice and tasty.




Then we went to the Hill Aerospace Museum. Huge gigantic planes with excellent displays. This rock is actually a piece of the "White cliffs of Dover" click on the photo if you want to see it bigger and read the sign.

The blue contraption is how they trained pilots in WWI. Imagine putting your front load washing machine down so the door opened towards the sky. Then climb inside. After that have someone put a cardboard box that is about the size of a small microwave over your head.Now pretend to fly a plane.


After you get done with the blue box, you can take this for a ride (click on picture to read sign). If you don't throw up or eat your on hair from being in the blue box, then I guess you are on your way to becoming a pilot.


We took way more pictures but they don't do justice to the size and capacity of these flying machines. They are remarkable. My favorite was the Blackbird, and M really liked all the giant aircraft outside. And one of the coolest things is the cost to go $0.00 a.k.a free. We had a great time and learned a ton.

1 comment:

Doug and Michele said...

We took our scouts here and had a great time. I think we could have spent twice as much time and still not seen everything we wanted to. Thanks for reminding me of the fun we have in our own backyard.