Memorial Day we decided to get outside and do something fun. I hadn't been to Antelope Island for years so we decided that would be fun. I think we need to have our brains scanned because I think we chose the hardest hike on the island. We decided to hike to the highest peak on the island, only aprox. 6,500 ft elavation, it shouldn't be too hard. The trail was only 6 miles roundtrip, but it was tough. It was however beautiful.
We had a really good time, even though we didn't make all the way to the top, although we came really close. There were tons of bugs that swarmed everywhere, we tried to have lunch but found that sitting and eating with the bugs swarming not very fun, so we had to walk around in circles while we ate our sandwhiches, because the movement seemed to make them less. It was a very scenic trail. We kept saying it looked like Wales. It was a pretty strenuous hike, we passed one hiker going up that we had passed on our way down who passed us again coming down. She said "I didn't make it to the top, this trail is serious". I want to do it again though, but maybe when I'm in better shape.
M took this and you can see just how steep some sections of the hike were.
We made it!
Finall tally of things from the trail
2 really smelly hikers
29 stinkbugs
23 red- bug/mosquito/fly bites on our arms, necks, and ears
1 ladybug
2 comments:
We have never been out there. I should have you come with us and show us the ropes! (you can keep the bugs :)
Looks beautiful! I've never been out there. You guys are so adventureous, I'm sure you'll do it again.
Post a Comment